[Opportunity] Director of Social Enterprise - Planned Lifetime Advocacy Network
Founded in 1989 the Planned Lifetime Advocacy Network (PLAN) does a lot of things very right as a social enterprise. The VSEF is very pleased to pass along the announcement of an opportunity to assume responsibility as PLAN's "Director of Social Enterprise".
PLAN’s mission is to help families secure the future for their relative with a disability and to provide you with peace of mind. This means ending isolation and loneliness, creating financial security, enabling everyone to make a contribution, ensuring choice, and creating genuine homes.
Here's a video to help you understand PLAN a little better:
About the role:
Founded in 1989, PLAN is an award-winning social enterprise that assists families in securing a good life for our relatives with disabilities. We are looking for a passionate, self-directed and entrepreneurial individual with a track record in business or social enterprise, combined with some experience in the financial sector. Demonstrated writing skills and e-business savvy are critical.
Generation of revenue through business activities, development of corporate partnerships and grant-writing
- Overseeing, developing and implementing business activities that include product and service development, which support our mission and generate revenue
- Maintaining and developing corporate partnerships
- Developing new markets
- Grant-writing and fund development
- Relevant University Education
- Business experience, preferably in the financial sector
- A successful track-record in business/social enterprise start-up
The successful candidate will be self-directed, energetic, committed and entrepreneurial. He/she will possess:
- Knowledge/experience in business planning, corporate structuring, and equity financing
- E-Business savvy
- Demonstrated writing skills
To learn more please contact Alexis Pidlisecky or visit the PLAN website.
Interested in learning more about social enterprise? Take a browse through the Vancouver Social Enterprise Book Store (Vancouver United Kingdom United States) and see what other social entrepreneurs recommend reading.
Tags for information about: for:vsef, Social Enterprise, Nonprofit, PLAN
Continue reading this item ...