[Opportunity] Executive Director - BC Technology Social Venture Partners
Interested in technology? Interested in civil society? See areas of mutual benefit? This opportunity with BC Technology Social Venture Partners might further tickle that interest.
BC Technology Social Venture Partners is a network of "BC technology entrepreneurs who leverage their time, money, and connections to help non-profits reach sustainability and scale".
The five year old organisation currently seeks
"a strong, relationship oriented executive director with experience in both the business and non-profit / philanthropic world to continue driving our innovative approach to grant making while increasing our profile in the community"
For those interested ...
- Grants Delivery and Capacity Building: ensure inflow of high quality non-profits and support the delivery of grants + time commitments from our partners
- Partner Management and Engagement: recruit, connect, and maintain relationships with our 70+ partners from the BC technology community
- Community and Communications: increase our profile and that of our partners within the community, the media, and within key national initiatives
- Fundraising: support the board to grow our endowment, build co-granting relationships with other funders, and access additional sources of capital to support our grantee pool
- Administration: manage day to day finance and administration of our small charitable organization
The first two represent the SVP difference in the philanthropic world: connecting our high capacity partner volunteers to appropriate, transformative engagements with our grantees; and a deep understanding of what makes non-profits successful and working in partnership to help them get there. Bridging these two worlds is the magic behind our organization and the critical success factor for this position.
- This is a senior position leading an entrepreneurial, results oriented, and fast-paced organization that is poised for further growth.
- Deep knowledge of and relationships within the non-profit sector, especially social enterprise and innovative charitable models, and experience helping them become more successful
- Experience with private sector engagement, technology industry preferred
- Experience on the grant-making side of philanthropy preferred
- Proven results as a high capacity, results-oriented leader
- Top-notch communications, presentation, and listening skills
- Ability to advance our brand and maintain our unique culture amidst numerous partnership opportunities
- Experience with non-profit management, board relations, and fundraising
- Comfort with a fast paced, tight operation, and managing multiple priorities
For more information visit: http://www.bctsvp.com/. Please send resume and cover letter in confidence to Jason Mogus, hiring committee chair.
Deadline: July 31, 2007
Interested in learning more about social enterprise? Take a browse through the Vancouver Social Enterprise Book Store (Vancouver United Kingdom United States) and see what other social entrepreneurs recommend reading.
Tags for information about: for:vsef, Social Enterprise, Nonprofit, BCTSVP
Continue reading this item ...