is a not-for-profit charity created by and for families who have a relative with a disability.
Their goal is twofold: to ensure a safe and secure future for your relative with a disability and, in the process, to provide you and your loved ones with peace of mind. In pursuit of this goal PLAN is inspired by a simple but powerful vision: the vision of a good life for all people with disabilities and their families.
fellow organization ... is looking for a Web Communications Specialist. The role description entails ...
- Manage our websites
- Write, design and produce electronic communications
- Manage our database including the interface with our electronic communications
- Oversee content development
- Oversee web-based seminars and dialogues
- Produce multi-media presentations
- Design and produce print materials
Manage and maintain PLAN’s family of web sites (www.plan.ca, www.planinstitute.ca, www.philia.ca, www.thetiesthatbind.ca ), including:
- Collecting, developing, designing and uploading website content and ensuring consistency, coordination and ease of access.
- Design and develop web interface for additional applications (e.g. surveys, etc.)
- Oversee the design and distribution of electronic communications through a web-based, database system (e.g. Got Marketing)
Oversee the use of PLAN’s database, including:
- Supervising data entry.
- Overseeing the production of lists, merges, reports, etc.
- Develop, test and manage web applications, such as web-based courses and dialogues.
- Design multimedia presentations (e.g. power-point).
- Provide design and production support for a quarterly newsletter and other printing projects.
- Produce and analyze statistical reports on a scheduled basis.
- Provide advice on Internet-related issues and emerging technologies.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor's or college degree preferred with an emphasis on communications/design studies.
- Certificate or diploma in Web design and/or management an asset.
Knowledge and skills:
Proficiency in, or willingness to learn, communication software such as:
- HTML and Dreamweaver.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Adobe In design, Photoshop or Illustrator.
- Image creation and photo editing.
- Multimedia software, including streaming audio and video.
- Filemaker Pro
- Knowledge of graphic design.
- Understanding of communications planning and strategies.
- Ability to distill, document, organize and share knowledge in an accessible format.
- Excellent "Web writing" skills and the ability to interact with a diverse group of colleagues.
- Ability to provide solutions when identifying problems.
The contact at PLAN is Poonam Sharma Administrative Assistant